Monday 16 June 2008

I wanna hold your hand...

Last summer I, like many others, fell in love with the sample-heavy 'Can't Stop Movin'' by the then named Sonny Jim. It's just over a year later, and finally he returns with his first album, and an ever-so-slightly shortened name - Sonny J. I had the good fortune to interview the man himself a couple of months back, and he hinted at the single that would follow Enfant Terrible (which he was promoting at the time). Said single was 'Handsfree', the perfect slice of pop-soul heaven linked below. It samples Donna Hightower, apparently - not someone I'm familiar with, though certainly someone I shall be looking into as a result of 'Handsfree'.

And if that isn't enough, the music video is phenomenal also! It's as if Tarantino directed an episode of My Name Is Earl where the characters all re-enact the video to 'Thriller'. And that can't be bad.



mp3: 'Handsfree' by Sonny J

No comments: