Wednesday 5 December 2007

Stepping Into Christmas #2

I will not be disclosing my own personal beliefs on the matter above at this moment in time. Needless to say, though, that if Santa is a real and personal present-bringer, he is clearly a lovely bloke and deserves all the milk and mince pies left out for him every Christmas Eve. That said, I've seen some press photos and he looks like he could stand to lose a few pounds, so maybe less with the mince pies and more with the Holland & Barretts discount vouchers, no? Either way, to the music:

Emerson, Lake and Palmer are a band I (and, one must suppose, everyone else) know thanks to my father. They're such a 'dad band', even to my father, who doesn't like Pink Floyd and doesn't even own a Fleetwood Mac album. He was a Blondie man, was my dad. And I respect him for that.

Anyway, after uploading approximately 50% of my parent's cd collection onto my computer this year I was surprised to find ELP's superb Christmas song 'I Believe In Father Christmas' pop up in my first Christmas-based music search of the year. I knew from the title which song it was immediately, but I'd never realised ELP were behind it. You live and you learn. It is, needless to say, a fantastic Christmas track, and one that, for me at least, brings back barrels of youthful Christmas memories.

mp3: 'I Believe In Father Christmas' by Emerson, Lake and Palmer

No comments: