Monday 3 December 2007

Excuse me forgetting, but these things I do...


Once in a while I'll have a good day for music. I had one about a month ago, where every new track I downloaded was fantastic, and each flowed so perfectly from one to another that with only minor tweaking I had a lovely new playlist on my hands, that which became my soundtrack to the winter of '07. One of the tracks that became a slow-burner for me, one that started with a 'Huh' in a quietly pleased manner, but now has become more of a 'Mm-hmmmm...', if you get my drift. If you don't, then don't worry. It isn't too important.

But anyhoo, this song that makes me go 'Mm-hmmmm...' is one by a singer-songwriter known as Jaymay. Her name is clearly confusing for some - I found her cd in HMV the other day under the 'dance' section. She ain't dance, HMV. She just ain't. No, rather, in 'Grey and Blue', the song in question, Jaymay just sings simply and sadly about an unreturned love. It turns out that some of my favourite songs are the most simple of them. Lyrically, I don't know, I guess the song kind of reminds me of Bright Eyes. I could see him covering it, albeit in a completely different style, and lyrically it would sound just like him. Judge for yourself, it'd be unlikely you'll regret it.

mp3: 'Grey or Blue' by Jaymay

No comments: