Sunday 21 October 2007

The people I've met are the wonders of my world.


I have spent the last week or so addicted to Adele. She's unavoidably talented, and you haven't got much hope of keeping her off your radar for long as it is, so you may as well submit to my shameless promotions now, no?

Hometown Glory is incredible, perfect and so many other adjectives. Whilst her accent when she talks slides in naturally with Kate Nash and Lily Allen, Adele's voice is closer in kin to Winehouse, or any given old soul singer. The song itself deals with Adele's love for the city of London and therefore already falls close to my heart thematically.

You haven't a hope of avoiding her, so download, sit back, smile and feel warm. Also, head over to her website and join the mailing list to get an equally awesome live version of the song.
Love your city.

mp3: 'Hometown Glory' by Adele



1 comment:

Mr Rossy said...

Adele is awesome, love that track, london is also very close to my heart, even tho it can sometimes feel like hell on earth, hee hee !